Monday, December 16, 2013

Found the manual!

I have a reply from a nice fellow on Smokestack letting me know the gearbox is made by a company called Twin Disc which is still around.  He indicated that setting the clutches without instructions would be hard.  He has offered to send images of what he has although it is not the exact gearbox.

Multiquip sells Essick mortar mixers.  They must have purchased Essick or at least the brand name.  I have sent them email asking for information.  I called them up and sent them a email.  The both resulted in a manual the email one is a subset of the other.  I spoke with a technical support coordinator Nate who was very helpful.

Today I unloaded the roller from its trailer and opened the clutch.  It needs an oil change which may be part of its problem.  I will hold off adjusting it till that has happened.  As I run it the neutral position is getting easier to find holding the handle.   It takes too much pressure to put it into forward and it runs forward when it should be in neutral which leads me to think the forward plates need to be loosened.

The chain has been cleaned alternating between the ultrasonic cleaner and a soak in diesel fuel.  It is quite clean now but has a few links that need to be tightened with a punch.

VR30RE manual

No comments:

Post a Comment