Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Alive!

It is not well but it runs.   Today was a not so cold at 50F so after finding the trashed points in the original magneto I felt the need to give the current setup on the roller another try.

I didn't change a thing.  At first it cranked over and I got the same sad few poofs It did last time.   I alternated between starting fluid and 2 cycle gas   When it started to fire more then once or twice in a row I added some gas to the tank.  With a bit more coaxing it ran off the carburetor.

The only thing I did different this time was not giving up as easy.   Maybe the engine's low dry compression keeps it from starting till it has squirted enough oil up into the cylinder to seal the rings.  The aneld has an oil pump but it just quirts the oil at the piston, it does not have a pressurized oiling system.

I played with the transmission lever.  It seems only to know two things, forward and revers.  A neutral would be nice.  Maybe with the drive chain in place that will happen.

If this engine follows with what I have seen now that it has been running it will start easier next time.

The blogging software chokes on the video so here is a youtube link.



No comments:

Post a Comment