Monday, December 9, 2013

The 2nd magneto.

While I was in the shop today I brought the magento originally on the roller over to my electronics bench in the house to work on it.     It sure is easier the 2nd time around.

The point contacts are covered in grease, the c clip holding them in place was missing, as was the wiper for the cam lobe.  Note that the on the fixed point on the left you are looking at the rivet




Tomorrow I will run them through the ultrasonic cleaner and see if I can get a c clip.  I also plan to test the capacitor with my mondo superprobe.  Also the gasket is intact so I may use it to refine my pattern.

After ultrasonic cleaning with dawn dish soap.

..

These closeup show these points are textbook examples of material transferring from on point to the other.  The images were taken with a digital blue QX3 toy microscope at 10X.






I don't know for sure but they rather look like junk.

Luckily as you will see in a future post I did not need to use this magneto.

No comments:

Post a Comment